Here are some photos of the Book I have worked on for project 2.
& Here are some other photos of project 3 | Deck of cards: Vintage 1990.
By the end of this course I have learnt many things that in my point of view are so important in graphic designing. I wish if I had another courses to learn more. I am also interested in learning typography and photography. Finally, we are done with this semester in a way that satisfies us all. All the thanks is to Danielle who did not hesitate to help us and have helped us in improving our work and designs. As well as my classmates, it was so nice to stay in a class were all the students are there to help, discuss, and give feedback. You’ll all be missed, hope to gather in other classes soon before graduation 😀 <3.
Finally am done with the project “Deck of cards”. I had 13 cards to design, each with a different vintage character. I feel so proud that I have completed the project in two days. It was a challenge for me since I have to meet the deadline of the project. I have worked on other two ideas which were deleted for a reason that I don’t know. When I think of it, thanks God that it was deleted because it made me feel that I have to work on a strong idea that is unified and nice. I also thought of it as a project that should satisfy clients who might choose a similar idea.
First of all to accomplish this project I searched for different vintage characters, then I chose the king, queen, and joker. Secondly, I organized the characters on the cards and designed a “heart” icon to replace them under & above the numbers. Thirdly, I used the brush tool to re-design and re-color the characters to fix the resolution of the images and to make the design more of my work. When I finished all of the 13 cards, I worked on one joker; but then to manage time I skipped working on the other joker and in stead I worked on the back sides of the cards and the cover of the box.
I liked how I mixed images and objects on the back sides of the cards and the box. I feel so happy by the outcome of my work. Also, I felt that by trying many ideas as much as we can and gathering different information and images can help us reach the idea we have in mind and accomplish our stated goals easily.
This is the number – side of the cards:
In the number side of the cards, I have re-designed and colored the characters. Then I flipped the characters so the it can be understood from both sides as it is shown above. Also, I added the “heart” icon that I have created below and above the number. Then, I added hearts on the characters to give the designs the “heart” theme to the cards.
This is the back side of the cards:
The back side of the cards contains a variety of vintage images as I re-designed and colored the “women” on the card. I wanted to give the card the old vintage theme were colors where chosen differently as well as the objects.
This is the design of the box:
In the design of the box I added the same design of the back side of the cards and I inserted a oval shape at the back of the box written in “vintage 1990” to represent the year I am focusing on in my designs.
In all the process was not hard as coming up with an idea. I am satisfied with the outcome of my work. Hope others like it too.
This project was one of the most wonderful projects that I have worked on in the course. However, it was hard to come up with a unified design for the cards. Actually, I had many ideas in mind. The first idea I wanted to represent in my deck of cards is famous statues in 1990 such as Nelson’s Mandela statue, cartoons, actors, and singers. The second idea I tried to work on is focusing only on famous cartoon and video games. But then, I wanted to work on something really special, nice, and satisfying. So, at the end I chose to work on and design, color, and try out vintage clip arts that was widely used. We saw them on letters, posts, some old websites, etc.
This the first design “statues, actors, & singers”:
This the second design “cartoon & video games”:
This the third design “vintage clip arts”:
Still am not done with the third and final idea. I want to add some effects, background, and the heart icon. I liked the joker I chose since it represents what I have in mind >> still working to get it done 🙂
Am so glad that I have prepared my book and I am so satisfied with the final design of the book; specially with the cover *THANX VANESSA* !! | click on the link to download the PDF file > BOOK-MariamAlketbi.
This is the narrative I wrote about Nico’s storyboard:
A guy went for shopping in search of a t-shirt. It seems that he was looking for the location of the shop from his cell phone or he was asking a friend about it. After cruising around he entered one of the shops looking at different t-shirts and tops. He was looking at different colors. Then, the guy was confused between two t-shirts one of them was black and the other is red; but then he left without buying them and instead he looked at the jackets. Then, he left to another shop and moved around between the shops looking for the t-shirt he wanted. Finally, after searching from shop to another he found the t-shirt he was looking for and wanted. He bought it together with jeans. Then, he left to the metro station to go back home.